Well it's officially September. Can't you just hear that Earth, Wind, and Fire song playing? Labor Day is here and school has begun for kids of all ages. It's still kind of weird not to be one of them. There are college kids crawling all over Oakland, heading too and from class. But not me. There's not class for me this semester. We'll see about the next one still.
Saturday night, the Friends of the Park held a concert at Zelie Park. The Clarks, or should I say the Infamous Dicks, played a free concert on one of the ball fields to raise money for the park. The name change is due to the fact that the drummer was not part of the ensemble. They played Clarks songs and some great covers. Rawah and I had such a great time! I even knew most of the words!
It was such a great atmosphere, just sitting out on the baseball field with about 800 other Zelieites and enjoying a great concert. There were kids running around everywhere doing cartwheels and playing tag. It's definitly not something you'd find quite the same in the city.
Sunday Kurt and I took advantage of the georgeous weather and went bike riding at Moraine. Every time it gets pretty I say to myself I'm going to get my bike out and ride but there always seems to be something else to do. But I put my foot down yesterday and we loaded up the bikes, got air in my tires (yes it's been that long!) and set out. We only got lost once on the way there! There was a detour marked that we had to take, but instead of dropping us off at the North Shore like the original road was supposed to, we got turned around and ended up at the South Shore. Eventually we made it to the head of the trails and set out.
Now the bike trail at Moraine is 7 miels long if you do the whole thing, and it's not a loop. That means you could potentially take a 14 mile bike ride. Ha ha ha ha... no possible way. At least not for a while! So Kurt and I rode 3 miles out and 3 miles back in for a total of a 6 mile ride. Just about right. I wasn't completely exhausted and he wasn't completely fresh! The trail was very nice though, winding all through the woods with lots of little hills and some flat parts where you could see the lake. We'll have to do it again soon!
Tomorrow it's back to work after the long weekend, but at least there are things to look forward to on the horizon! Let's see, we've got:
Sept. 12: WVU Football Game
Sept. 15: My Birthday!!!!
Sept. 18-20: Mercyhurst Homecoming
Sept. 24-25: G20 in Pittsburgh
Oct. 7-10: Seattle to visit the relatives
Looks like I've got some interesting posts coming up on the horizon! 22 seems so old, but in 8 more days it'll be official. I don't know how to celebrate 22 though. Maybe I should make up for my dud of a 21st birthday (I was soo sick with a cold!) and do something exciting! Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know.....How about donating blood, holding a silent fire drill, making cupcakes, hanging out with the "girls", eating steak and funny colored potatoes, walking dogs, and then, a KILLER COOKIE SUNDAE!!!
Happy 22nd Birthday, Kara Bear!!! We love you!!!!!
Post a Comment