Sunday, August 8, 2010

Morning In Paris the City Awakes

Good morning! right now we're flying over England on our way to Paris. Our day started with lots of last minute packing at the house and saying goodbye to Cooper. Now we're 6.5 hours into a 7 hour flight and I'm starting to get really excited!

So how did we end up on a plane to Paris with the whole family? Well it all started with my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. They that instead of a party to celebrate this big event, they enacted to take the whole family away together!

So we all got our thinking caps on to dream up fantastic places to travel to. We looked at Ireland, but the deals we found seemed a little too good. We researched Germany, but half the family had already been there. A Baltic cruise was scheduled, but after looking at the itinerary we realized we wanted to spend more time exploring than cruising. Paris was chosen because we found this great cruise and no one had been here before.

As I'm finishing this post, we have arrived at the boat and are currently waiting for lunch. It's fairly cool here, probably in the low 60s right now, but since they use Celsius here I just know I need a sweater!


We passed the Eiffel tower on our way here so I think that will be one of our first stops after lunch.


No comments: