Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Lovely Night


Last night was a good night. It was our Sea Social. Each Sea (about 100 people) is invited for one night on the ship to come up and have a party in the faculty/staff lounge with the faculty and staff. The lounge is gorgeous. It’s up on the 7th deck in the front of the ship and the whole front side of it is all windows looking out into the water. We call if the fishbowl sometimes. Our dance theme was A Hollywood Affair.

Anyways, Maria and I weren’t sure if we would go, but finally decided that we could put off studying for an hour or so to go and dance. So we got dressed up, me in my brand new dress from Vietnam, and Maria in her brand new dress from Japan. And we looked cute!

So we went up to the dance and it was a lot of fun. Lots of dancing and lots of really pretty dresses. The only problem was that most of the music was rap and it’s hard to dance to that and just let go. The last few songs were much better, they turned on Def Leppord and some other fun stuff.

After the dance, Cole and Shawn came over and we all hung out and made up songs on the guitar. Some of them were pretty interesting, I won’t say any more than that. But it was a nice way to cut loose from the midterm studying. So congratulations everyone, you finally wore me down and I’m posting pictures of me in my dress!

P.S. I think I’m coming down with a cold. I sure hope it goes away before we get to India.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gorgeous! Love the dress! Sounds like a great time! Always fun to let your hair down once in awhile and take a break from all your worries (Like midterms!) Thanks for the pictures and updates. Everyone out west is very envious of your travels! Now Kate and Ally want to ride an elephant!!

Love ya!

Dad

jbranbs said...

HURRAY dress pictures!! You look lovely, and I can't wait to see said dress. Congrats on pulling a Jill and pushing aside midterm studying for a bit. =]

Patti said...

You look stunning, and so does the dress. Very pretty color. Thanks for indulging the audience back home! Now, onto the wonders of India.....
missing you...aunt patti

Anonymous said...

You are glowing in the new dress. Is the bottom straight or flaired? I guess I will need to wait and find out. Got to see Moriah in Harrisburg. She took a 2nd and a 3rd in the two events she was in at State Level 4H Horse Show. Now that was something I had never done. Not as grand as your stuff but I too enjoyed the whole event and trip thru the mountains in their fall glory.
Today is my birthday and I an NOT in Japan.
Boo Hoo!
Love YOU.....Grandma